Dispensary Patient Advisor – Job Description
The Dispensary Patient Advisor performs the daily patient service, medical marijuana product advisement and education, and sales operations of the dispensary. Primary duties include providing detailed medical marijuana product information, customer service and sales assistance to dispensary patients and caregivers; completing sales transactions with patients and caregivers; maintaining a compliant sales environment through use of the state mandated point-of-sale software; and preventing diversion of medical marijuana by ensuring that purchased amounts do not exceed patients’ recommended limits. The Patient Advisor also manages the registration and flow of visitors to the dispensary by greeting patients, caregivers and visitors to ensure only approved persons gain access to the facility, and registers patients and caregivers into the state mandated electronic tracking system. Patient Advisors will be required to maintain a detailed knowledge of all medical marijuana products in order to educate and advise patients and caregivers on types, methods and effectiveness of medical marijuana products. Patient Advisors will work in tandem with Dispensary Pharmacists to coordinate and ensure optimal patient care.
This position is classified as non-exempt. The Patient Advisor reports to the Assistant Store Manager and Store Manager.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of medical marijuana products and pricing to provide exceptional customer service to dispensary patients and caregivers;
- Advises qualifying patients and caregivers on medical marijuana products in compliance with all dispensing rules, regulations, and limitations in a friendly and professional manner;
- Provides patients and caregivers with information on types, methods and effectiveness of different medical marijuana products (does not provide medical advice);
- Coordinates with Dispensary Pharmacist to provide optimal patient product advisement;
- Completes all sales by entering accurate data for each transaction in the business management software platforms in compliance with company policies and state dispensing limitations;
- Verifies the identity of patients and caregivers, physician’s recommendations (including form or dosage recommendations), and the validity of the patient or caregiver identification card prior to sale;
- Receives and processes payments in compliance with company policies, including handling cash;
- Maintains strict compliance with company cash handling standard operating procedures;
- Dispenses completed orders filled by dispensary fulfillment staff;
- Dispenses regulated products in compliance with state dispensing limitations, including limits on the quantity dispensed, limits on the form or dosage of medical marijuana, limits on the types of products dispensed, and/or the frequency of purchases.
- Refers patients or caregivers to the licensed medical professional available to provide form or dosage recommendations, if none exist on the patient’s recommendation form;
- Stocks, merchandises, and replenishes displays of regulated and unregulated inventory;
- Alerts management of out-of-date marketing materials, incorrect pricing, or inaccurate promotions;
- Reports any downtime, outages, or service issues with hardware or software that affect compliant dispensing to the manager on duty;
- Welcomes all visitors to the dispensary;
- Verifies patients and caregivers’ PA medical marijuana card and identification;
- Obtains appropriate documentation from each patient and caregiver;
- Registers patients into the state mandated electronic system;
- Creates and maintains accurate and complete patient records in compliance with HIPAA and all other applicable laws and regulations;
- Adheres to compliance guidelines when allowing patient and non-patient dispensary visitors access to the facility;
- Logs visit details and provides a visitor’s badge to each visitor;
- Schedules patient appointments with Maitri medical providers (when necessary);
- Maintains organization of records, reception desk and waiting room through daily upkeep;
- Adheres to regulatory standards for access to the facility, including limited and restricted access areas.
- Pharmacy tech degree or degree in related field preferred;
- Must demonstrate empathy and a passion for serving patients in need;
- Excellent communication skills required;
- Customer service and/or Healthcare office experience a plus;
- Must be 21 years of age or older;
- Must be able to pass a state and federal criminal background check;
- Must be able to successfully complete a 2-hour online instructional course;
- Basic math skills required;
- Must demonstrate a proficiency for technology;
- Willing to work evenings/weekends/some holidays;
- Able to stand for long periods of time;
- Able to lift moderate weights (up to 35 lbs.);
- Comfortable being under constant video surveillance.
Maitri Medicinals is a medical marijuana company located in Southwestern Pennsylvania. The mission of Maitri Medicinals is to provide the highest quality medical marijuana products available to adults and children who suffer from qualifying conditions and diseases.
The medical marijuana industry is a new, exciting and dynamic industry. We seek candidates that are willing to learn, open to new perspectives, prepared to work in a dynamic and team-oriented environment, and possess a dedication to service that will help Maitri meet the needs of our patients and caregivers.
Maitri Medicinals offers competitive salaries, and health/vision/dental insurance coverage and paid time off (PTO) to full-time employees.
Maitri Medicinals is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D/SO.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities or activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.