Dispensary Manager – Job Description
The Dispensary Manager manages the daily operations of the dispensary, including staff training and management, regulatory compliance, cash handling and sales. Primary duties of this role include ensuring dispensary operations support sales and marketing goals while maintaining inventory within a secure, fully-compliant facility. This position is classified as exempt. The Dispensary Manager reports to the Chief Operations Officer.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Manages daily operations of the dispensary retail store;
- Implements compliant standard operating procedures for dispensing, inventory management, and all sales support tasks;
- Creates schedules for all staff within the facility;
- Provides high-level patient service and oversight of staff/patient interaction;
- Assists with staff training, orienting, and appraisal;
- Maintains business management platforms and coordinates with the Chief Operations Officer to ensure all technology systems operate effectively;
- Tracks and monitors inventory using the state inventory tracking system and business management platforms;
- Orders regulated and unregulated inventory from state-licensed grower/processor facilities, and approved vendors to ensure an uninterrupted supply of products;
- Receives and inventories incoming regulated and unregulated products with Inventory Manager;
- Physically secures active stock inventory in display and/or storage areas, and secures back stock inventory within the product vault;
- Physically audits inventory for accuracy against inventory tracking system and business management platform data at designated intervals (daily, weekly, quarterly, annually) with Inventory Manager;
- Prevents diversion through enforcing company policies, procedures, and state regulations;
- Manages and adheres to a designated store/location/department budget;
- Handles cash in compliance with company policies;
- Prepares cash deposits for financial institutions;
- Supports marketing strategy changes by engaging in market analysis, competitor analysis, and by reviewing operating statements, financial statements, and sales records;
- Formulates pricing policies by reviewing merchandising practices, patient demand for products, and studying market trends to analyze current sales and/or discounts.
- Retail management experience required;
- Retail experience in the marijuana industry preferred;
- Must demonstrate empathy and a passion for serving patients in need;
- Must be 21 years of age or older;
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check;
- Must be able to successfully complete a 2-hour online instructional course;
- Basic math skills required;
- Must demonstrate a proficiency for technology;
- Able to stand for long periods of time;
- Willing to work a flexible schedule including nights/weekends;
- Comfortable being under constant video surveillance.
Maitri Medicinals is a medical marijuana company located in Southwestern Pennsylvania. The mission of Maitri Medicinals is to provide the highest quality cannabis products available to adults and children who suffer from qualifying conditions and diseases.
The medical marijuana industry is a new, exciting and dynamic industry. We seek candidates that are willing to learn, open to new perspectives, prepared to work in a dynamic and team-oriented environment, and possess a dedication to service that will help Maitri meet the needs of our patients and caregivers.
Maitri Medicinals offers competitive salaries, and health/vision/dental insurance coverage and paid time off (PTO) to full-time employees.
Maitri Medicinals is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D/SO. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities or activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.